Congratulations on deciding to hire The Opportunities Project!
This is an agreement between Tracy Brisson of The Opportunities Project, Inc (referred to as “Coach”) and the person listed in the Contact Information fields (referred to as “Client”). The services being purchased are listed in the Service field of the Contact Information of this Document.
By providing an electronic signature in the Electronic Signature section of this document, The Client agrees to the following terms and conditions.
- The Client understands that coaching is an ongoing, professional relationship designed to help the Client achieve his/her desired results in work and in life. Coaching is not therapy. If the Client desires therapy he/she should seek the services of a trained therapist.
Date and Times:
- The Client is responsible for scheduling coaching and consulting services using an online calendar application. The link can be found via email or the Client Portal if your package includes access to that site. Both the Coach and the Client agree to be on time for sessions and turn off cell phones and eliminate other potential distractions during the session.
- If the Client must cancel, he/she must do so within 24 hours. If the Client has not cancelled and does not show up to a scheduled session, they will be charged a $25 no-show fee.
- The Coach will call the Client at the scheduled time for delivery of Service based on the information submitted via the online calendar application. If the Client does not answer, the Coach will call the Client 10 minutes later. If the Client does not answer the second call, the session will be considered a no-show and the Client will be responsible for the no-show fee.
- The Client will schedule sessions at least five days in advance. Less notice may force the Coach to reschedule appointments.
- The fees for the Service covered by this Agreement are listed on The Opportunities Project’s Work With Us page.
- If the Coach agrees to a different rate than listed here, that rate will be sent to the Client via email and the Coach agrees to honor that rate. Fees must be paid in advance via PayPal, Amazon Payment, credit or debit card, or other electronic payment. Checks are not accepted.
- The duration of each Service is also detailed on each Service description page, also found at on the Work With Us page.
- If the Client has purchased the Leap. Launch. Love. package, he or she must take the separate action of using this link to authorize The Opportunities Project to bill the Client for the 2nd and 3rd month of coaching via Paypal.
- The Coach will hold all information disclosed during the coaching sessions in confidence.
- With the Client’s permission, the Coach may use examples or stories from coaching in a respectful way in published writings, when discussing coaching work publicly or when working with other clients, potential clients or coaches. Potentially identifying specific details will always be changed and no names will ever be used or shared.
Coach Expectations & Responsibilities:
The Coach promises to do the following.
- Facilitate the Client’s progress toward his or her goals throughout the coaching process.
- Employ standard coaching techniques, including active listening, questioning, assessments, feedback, ideas, and challenges.
- Create a safe space for the Client to freely play with new ideas and insights, generate new understandings, explore possibilities and clarify actions without the risk of judgment.
- Help the Client translate ideas into concrete goals, plans and actionable next steps.
- Encourage the Client to make deliberate decisions and help him or her keep the promises made.
- Provide external resources and develop independent assignments for the Client to complete outside the sessions.
- Use consulting techniques and provide direct advice to the Client on specific technical issues when appropriate.
- Use the International Federation of Coaching Ethics Code as a guiding force.
- Be accessible via emails throughout the coaching relationship.
- Provide books and documents via the Client Portal if included in your coaching package.
Client Expectations & Responsibilities:
The Client promises to do the following.
- Understand that coaching is not therapy or counseling and attest that the Client is not currently experiencing any mental obstacles, such as depression, that would interfere with the ability to be coached.
- Be on time for all coaching appointments as scheduled and to give at least 24 hours notice if the Client needs to cancel.
- Take an active role in the coaching process and to follow through on action steps, including completing the Client Welcome Packet and independent assignments.
- Allow the coach to facilitate the discovery process, and to freely share the insights experienced.
- Be open, honest and authentic with the Coach.
- Take responsibility for the goals and next actions developed through the coaching process and understand results are dependent on them.
- Share feelings with the Coach if at any time the Client feels the coaching relationship or process is not working and work toward a mutually acceptable solution.
- Possess sufficient funds to pay for coaching services delivered by The Opportunities Project, Inc.
- This agreement may be terminated by either party with at least seven days notice to the other. At that time, any sessions paid for and not used will be refunded.
Referrals and Testimonials:
- The Coach counts on referrals from satisfied clients to be successful. If the Client is pleased, the Coach would be honored by referrals to other clients and/or online testimonials.
This written agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties. It shall be governed by the laws of the state of New York. If any provision of this agreement shall be deemed invalid, the remaining provisions shall remain intact. If any dispute should arise from this agreement, it shall be resolved according to the rules of the American Arbitration Association.