Congratulations on deciding to hire me as your wedding officiant!
The following is an Agreement between Tracy Brisson (referred to as “The Officiant”) and the persons listed in the Contact and Ceremony Information fields at the end of this agreement (referred to as “Client”). The services being purchased are listed in the Service Order Confirmation fields, also at the end of this agreement.
Savannah Custom Weddings & Elopements is a service provided by Tracy Brisson. Tracy Brisson uses The Opportunities Project’s online payment and operational processing tools to provide efficient support to Clients of this service.
By providing an electronic signature in the Electronic Signature section of this document, The Client agrees to the following terms and conditions.
THE OFFICIANT’S RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The Officiant shall perform a marriage ceremony for The Client at the time and location listed in the Contact and Ceremony Information section.
- The Officiant shall complete and execute the marriage license in accordance with the requirements set forth by the jurisdiction from where the license was obtained.
- If The Client has chosen the Create Your Story Ceremony or All In Ceremony Service, The Officiant will provide the number of consultations listed in the package and meet established ceremony script deadlines.
- The Officiant will provide a PDF version of the wedding ceremony and vows after the ceremony to the email address listed in the Contact and Ceremony Information Section of this Agreement following the ceremony.
- If requested in the Contact and Ceremony Information Section, The Officiant will file the marriage license in accordance with the instructions set forth by the jurisdiction from where the license was obtained if requested.
- The Officiant for your ceremony will be Tracy Brisson unless otherwise noted during the booking process.
- The Officiant is prepared to dress for the ceremony in the manner that suits the style of the wedding or elopement, and provided it allows her to present a dignified image. She will try to meet any reasonable wardrobe request.
- The Officiant will arrive at the above location approximately 15 minutes prior to the ceremony start time unless otherwise requested by The Client.
- If requested, The Officiant will attend a ceremony rehearsal for an additional fee of $75.
- The Officiant warrants that she is a professional officiant, recognized as a legally ordained minister, and fully qualified to officiate at weddings in the County this ceremony is taking place.
- The Client understands that they must obtain a Marriage License in the appropriate jurisdiction for which the ceremony will be performed and shall provide such Marriage License to The Officiant to review and execute upon arrival to the ceremony site. The Officiant cannot and will not perform a marriage ceremony without receiving the appropriate valid Marriage License at the ceremony. Instructions on how to obtain a marriage license can be found on our website.
THE CLIENT’S RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The Client has agreed to complete this Agreement and provide the appropriate retainer to confirm The Officiant’s services. Failure to do so will release The Officiant from holding the date and time of the ceremony and furnishing any services to the client under this agreement.
- The Client understands that the provision of services shall start upon receipt of the Agreement and payment of the retainer
- The Client agrees to respond in the specified timeline as indicated for any requested ceremony planning information. Responding late may delay the completion of services.
- The Client understands they are responsible for all ceremony location fees and permits, if required.
- The Client agrees to interact with The Officiant in a dignified and respectful manner. Unprofessional or disorderly conduct from The Client is a breach of contract and may incur termination of services.
PAYMENT OF FEES:
Prices and Adjustments:
- The Client agrees to pay The Officiant fee for their selected Service at the price quoted online. If The Officiant agrees to a different rate than listed here, that rate will be sent to The Client via email and The Officiant agrees to honor that rate.
- The Client agrees to pay travel fees for locations outside Savannah, GA. If the ceremony location is not listed in the travel fee table, The Officiant will provide a quote. The Client must indicate if travel is needed in the appropriate field in the Service Confirmation Section of this Agreement or Ceremony Order Form (if applicable). The following table represents travel fees to popular sites. There is no fee for locations in Chatham County with the exception of Tybee Island.
|Tybee Island||Beaufort County||Hinesville||St. Simons and Jekyll Islands|
- The Client agrees to pay a $75 ceremony rehearsal fee if The Officiant is requested to attend and the All In Ceremony Package is not selected. The Client must indicate if this is needed in the appropriate field in the Service Confirmation Section of this Agreement or Ceremony Order Form (if applicable).
Retainer and Payment of Balance:
- The Client agrees to provide payment of 50% of the Total Service Price to book the Service for the ceremony date. Payment can be made by PayPal or credit card.
- The Client agrees to pay the balance of the Total Service Price before the ceremony. If paying at the ceremony location, the Client can pay by cash or credit card via a Square reader and receipts will be emailed. Cash receipts will be emailed upon request. Checks are not accepted. Payments will be processed by the The Opportunities Project, LLC.
- The Officiant does not accept tips.
- The Officiant will offer a 20% discount for active military members who use an official military email address for one of the spouses to book the service in his or her name or provides a copy of an active military ID before the ceremony. The Client must indicate that they are claiming a military discount in the appropriate field in the Service Confirmation Section of this Agreement or Ceremony Order Form (if applicable).
- The Officiant also offers other discounts at her discretion. The Client must select one discount. Discounts cannot be combined.
- Because Tracy Brisson is booked quickly, she also contracts with Associate Officiants. If Tracy Brisson is already booked, you have the option of using one of these Associate Officiants. An Associate Officiant will only be assigned during the initial booking process or in case of medical emergency.
- All of the clauses in this contract apply to Associate Officiants.
CANCELLATION, TERMINATION, REFUNDS, AND CHANGES:
- There are no refunds for retainers placed for ceremonies that take place on weekends during in-season months (March, April, May, September, October and November).
- The Client understands that The Officiant has arranged her schedule to reflect the scheduled ceremony date and time. The Client also understands while their date is being held, other clients are being turned away. If The Client cancels the ceremony for any reason, less than 90 calendar days prior to the scheduled ceremony date and time, The Client will forfeit their retainer.
- If The Client cancels services after The Client and The Officiant have had a consultation and/or a draft of the ceremony has been presented to The Client, The Client will forfeit their retainer.
- The Officiant reserves the right to refuse any service that she is not comfortable performing, at which time a full-refund may be made to the Client.
- Any refunds issued will include a $10 fee to cover transaction and bank fees incurred by The Officiant.
- In the event that The Officiant is unable to perform the ceremony due to illness, hospitalization, family emergency, transportation breakdown, or any other unforeseeable causes, she will make every possible attempt to notify the Client and refer a qualified replacement to perform the ceremony, if time and resources permit. If The Officiant or an Associate Officiant is unable to perform the ceremony, the Client will receive a full refund for all pre-paid services from The Officiant, and the Client agrees that The Officiant will NOT be held liable for any damages (including punitive) due to the non-performance of the ceremony.
- The Client understands and recognizes that The Officiant performs other weddings ceremonies for other clients and such a change in date, time or location of the scheduled wedding ceremony may create a serious conflict with The Officiant’s schedule that may prevent The Officiant from performing the ceremony. The Client understands that a request for change to the ceremony date, time or location can only be arranged based on The Officiant’s availability. The Client understands that if The Officiant can still perform the wedding ceremony on the new, date, time and/or location of the scheduled wedding ceremony, then this Agreement shall be cancelled and a new agreement shall be entered reflecting the new date, time and /or location and possibly a new travel fee as a result of a further distance to the new location. A change fee of $50 will be incurred, which is due paid with submission of the new agreement.
- The Client understands and recognizes that The Officiant performs other weddings ceremonies for other clients and delays on the ceremony day may create a serious conflict with The Officiant’s schedule that may prevent The Officiant from performing the ceremony if another ceremony is scheduled for later that day. No refund will be given if The Officiant is not able to perform the ceremony because of any delays of 30 minutes or more on the day of the ceremony.
THE SAVANNAH COZY CHAPEL:
- The Savannah Cozy Chapel is an indoor wedding space owned by the Officiant. Use of the Savannah Cozy Chapel is included for free as part of your contract in case of weather issues or if the Client would prefer it as a location. The chapel seats up to four guests in addition to the couple being married.
PROMOTIONAL MATERIAL, REFERRALS AND TESTIMONIALS:
- The Client may use The Officiant’s likeness in any photographs, videos, or other recording media in any manner for any purpose they wish. Likewise, The Client gives permission to The Officiant to use their likeness in at least one photograph for marketing purposes.
- The Officiant counts on referrals from satisfied clients to be successful. If the Client is pleased, The Officiant would be honored by referrals to other clients and/or online testimonials.
ADDITIONAL TERMS FOR THE SAVANNAH ELOPEMENT EXPERIENCE PACKAGE OR POPUP ELOPEMENT PACKAGE:
- This terms in this section only apply to couples purchasing the Savannah Elopement Experience or Popup Elopement packages. These packages include photography provided by It’s Megan Jones Photography. These terms apply to that photography.
- It’s Megan Jones will provide the following services:
- Photographic services the day of the wedding (exclusive of travel time) as outlined in the package selected
- Files in the format of High Resolution JPG within one week via an email link to an online gallery
- Any photo credits that are part of the package
- It’s Megan Jones agrees to grant image rights to the Client with a non-exclusive, limited, perpetual license. This license allows the Client to do the following with the images:
- display the images
- print the images
- make “derivate works” of the images or otherwise modify
- edit or manipulate the electronic files
- copy the electronic files or the printed images
- upload, email, or electronically transfer the images or files
- publish the images on personal websites or social media websites
- This license will prohibit the Client from doing the following with the images:
- Applying for copyright registration or selling of any image or electronic files supplied by It’s Megan Jones Photography.
- It’s Megan Jones shall be the exclusive photographer(s) retained by the Client for the purpose of photographing the wedding. Family and friends of the Client and other wedding vendors shall not interfere with the photographer’s duties. Guests will be asked to refrain from taking flash photographs at certain intervals of wedding services to ensure proper exposure of images.
- Images may be edited at the photographer’s discretion, and delivered images may not include all images shot. The photographer reserves the creative right to edit and release only those deemed professional in quality and within the photographer’s artistic standards.
- There is a limit of 5 guests for the Popup Elopement Package. There are no exceptions.
- If there are more than 5 guests at a Savannah Elopement Experience, there is a $50 surcharge per 10 additional guests. You can also waive all surcharges by choosing to add an additional hour of photography at the cost of $300.
Payment of Fees, Cancellation, Termination, Refunds, and Changes:
- The terms outlined in the second half of this agreement also pertain to services provided by It’s Megan Jones photography.
2016 WEDDINGS SCHEDULE:
- Please note that The Officiant is currently expecting and will be on maternity leave from July 9, 2016 to September 16, 2016. Email communication may be delayed during this time.
- This written agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties. It shall be governed by the laws of the state of Georgia. If any provision of this agreement shall be deemed invalid, the remaining provisions shall remain intact. If any dispute should arise from this agreement, it shall be resolved according to the rules of the American Arbitration Association.