Welcome, readers of Confessions of a Teacher Recruiter!
What’s covered in a resume review session?
Using the best practices discussed in Confessions of a Teacher Recruiter: How to Create an Extraordinary Resume and Hook Your Dream Job, Tracy will provide the following one-on-one resume help…
- Review the overall strengths and weaknesses of your current resume
- Walk through formatting changes that will increase your odds of being invited to interview by principals and recruiters
- Standardize your resume’s language to make it concise and clear
- Enhance and quantify your current accomplishments and experiences to make a resume that stands out
- Streamline your resume so it is easily read and highlights what makes you unique as an educator
- Create ideas to jumpstart your job search via social media (optional, time permitting)
At the end of the session, we’ll summarize next steps for you to take in editing your resume and finalizing a great career document.
Who is this for?
Any teacher looking to maximize his or her career potential, including…
- Newly certified recent graduates and students
- Career changers
- Experienced teachers who are exploring new opportunities or want to build their profiles
- Anyone who is thinking about becoming a teacher
It is also appropriate for any professional seeking solid resume advice for an entry-to-mid level job search.
What people have to say about Confessions of a Teacher Recruiter: How to Create an Extraordinary Resume and Hook Your Dream Job
“From chapter one, I was inspired by your advice. Although I have been teaching for six years- helped my students achieve great test scores, served as a master trainer, written curriculum, and obtained an Ed.S. degree- I barely received invitations to interview for jobs.
After completing all of the chapter exercises in Confessions of a Teacher Recruiter and submitting my resume, I’ve received three invitations to start the interview process. Thank you!”– Elisar, Atlanta Teacher
How can I book a Resume Review Session?
When you purchase a Resume Review Session, you’ll receive a welcome email that will explain how to send your resume to Tracy and how to schedule coaching appointments on The Opportunities Project’s calendar.
How much does a resume review session cost?
A resume session costs $35 for a 30-minute private Skype or Google+ Hangout session. You can also book a second 15-minute follow-up session where Tracy will review your revised document with you again within two weeks of your initial session for an additional $15. You will receive purchasing information after your initial review.
- This is not a resume-writing package. Tracy will give you detailed and unique notes that you can use build a resume that stands out in the educator job market. She provide this consultation verbally and by pointing specific things out about your original resume via video. If you are looking for someone to completely rewrite your resume for you, contact our resume writing partner, Brooklyn Resume Studio.
- You will get the most out of your session if you send a first draft that represents your achievements and accomplishments. If your resume is sparse in details, you will not be able to receive much feedback in your 30 minute session.
- Appointment availability is dependent on demand. Evening hours are available, but are not as frequently open as weekday appointments. The earliest appointment available starts at 9AM ET / 6AM PT. The last appointment of the day starts at 9:30 PM ET/ 6:30 PM PT. At this time, only video-based Skype and Google+ Hangout appointments are available for these sessions.
- If you still have questions, contact Tracy.